Peace without measure
do I give you.My peace I leave with you
not as the world gives
do I give
for they give and take it back,
scorning the one for being afraid
yet fearing themselves.
Perfect love casts out fear.
My love I give to you
not as the world gives
for that has become corrupt,
and is no longer recognizable as love.
My hope I leave with you,
not as the world gives
on the night the lottery is drawn.
You could be a millionaire tomorrow,
with all that means
or doesn't mean.
My grace I leave with you,
and the world does not even understand,
so you must learn about it through My Word.
My peace, My love, My hope, My grace
I leave with you
because in this world
you will need it.
The last sentence of this poem rings so true to me. God gives us these gifts, because in this world we definitely need them. Please don't struggle through life without Him.
ReplyDelete